What is On-Page SEO? And how is it done?
There are mainly three types of SEO used to lane a website in search engines: On page SEO, off page SEO and Technical SEO. What is On Page SEO? What are its ranking factors? And we will talk about the technique of on-page SEO optimization. If you have a website or you blog then you should be aware of this.
On-page SEO is a process with the help of which we optimize our website in such a way that it ranks on the search engine so as to get more traffic.
If you want to bring organic traffic from the search engine for free, then you have to write your webpage in such a way that it is well understood and liked by Google and the user.
In this process, we try to optimize the quality of the article or content and the focus keyword is in the right place.
For this, we have to do a lot of work like: Improving Title, Meta description, URL, Headline etc. in the right way.
Why is On-Page SEO Important?
People mostly search things on the Internet with search engines like Google, if your webpage will not rank on Google then people will not be able to reach your webpage.
That’s why you have to prepare to rank your website on Google. For this you have to learn (SEO) techniques. And the good thing about On-page SEO is that you have complete control on your hands.
If you want organic traffic from search engines, then on-page SEO will have to be done because from this the search engine gets to know what your article is about.
To bring the website to the first page in the search engine, we have to optimize many things inside our webpage because search engines like Google should understand well what the webpage is written about.
While doing On-page SEO on your blog posts, you have to pay attention to some things like:
- Mobile Friendly (Responsive) Site
- Page Speed
- By paying attention to these SEO factors, if you write a post, then your chances of ranking on the SERP of the search engine increase.
Many things have to be taken care of for this work, but we are telling on-page optimization techniques which will be useful for you:
1. Keep Content Simple: You want your content to be simple and understandable banana. Write about the topic on which you are writing your article, do not add anything else to that article. Do not focus only on keywords for SEO. Your post is a human read and everyone understands and likes simple things quickly.
2. Keep Content Updated: There is no use of such content on the Internet which is old and is of no use at present. Users mostly like to read the latest information and Google would also like to show what the user likes. So if you want to climb in the eyes of Google, then keep updating your content from time to time.
3. Do Keyword Research: What is the use of information that no one finds in search engines? So write what people search for on the internet. Now a question must be coming in your mind that how to know this? So for this you have to do keyword research. In keyword research, you have to find some such keywords on which people search more. We call these keywords target or focus keywords.
4. Write Target Keyword within first 100-120 words: What your content is about should be clear in the opening lines. For this, some words and sentences related to it should be used in the beginning. For better SEO, include your keyword in the first 100-129 words. With this, the search engine understands the content of the article.
5. Add Keyword to Post Title: When we write the target keyword in the title of the post, it has a huge impact on SEO. Therefore, wherever possible, write your main keyword in the title. And you should try not to exceed the length of the title.
6. Optimize Meta Description: Write a short description about your post in Meta description whose length should not exceed 150-160 words. Be sure to write your focus keyword in the description because the search engine highlights the title and description.
7. The title of the post should be placed in the H1 tag: If you are using a good theme, then already put the title of the post in the <h1> tag. If you do not know this, then you can check it in the HTML source code. Keep in mind that only one H1 tag should be used in a post.
8. Put Subheadings in H2 Tag: We should use subheading inside the post and it should be in H2 tag. You can put more headings inside the subheading, which you can keep in H3, H4 etc. When using headings, keep in mind the structure of your article, such as H2 inside H1 and H3 heading inside H2.
9. Keep in mind the keyword frequency: This question comes in the mind of people that how many times should a keyword be written? So there is an answer to this. Do keyword placement in such a way that it does not seem strange to read. Keywords should not be used too much. Because there is a risk of keyword-stuffing by writing the same keyword too many times.
10. Use External Link: You should put a link to any other website related to what your article is about in your post, it boosts the ranking. With this, the search engine also gets information about your post. But we should keep in mind that the external link should be of the same website which is similar to the topic of your content.
11. Do Internal Linking: Putting a link to a post on your own website in your article is called internal linking. If you are writing an article and have already written any information related to that article, then put its link in your article. Linking low ranked web pages to high authority posts improves the ranking of your website.
12. SEO Friendly URL Structure: The search engine sees the URL of your content, so it is important to optimize it too. For a good SEO optimized URL, we should keep in mind some things:
- URL length should be short.
- Having the target keyword in the URL.
- URL is also called permalink, it can be edited while writing the post.
13. Image Optimization: Google identifies any images of the website with the help of their name and alt text, it tries to understand what we want to tell the user through the image. That’s why we should do some work for SEO optimization of an image: Put the focus keyword in the name of the image. And include the same keyword in the ALT text Because of these, the search engine also helps in understanding your post.
14. Use Mobile Friendly Theme: More than 60% of Google’s traffic comes from mobile devices. This means that if your website does not work properly on mobile, then you can suffer a lot from it.